If you own a business, giving that business an online presence is more important than you may realize.
Here are a list of reasons why you should get your business online:
- Cheaper advertising. Putting your business in the yellow pages is a good idea, but don’t neglect the powerful audience of the internet. If you create a simple website, you can list your business in search directories and reach a lot more people than you can in print advertising. For example, if you have an accounting business, you can reach more potential clients if you have a website and list your business in directories or advertise on other websites.
- It saves you time. Let’s say you have a car mats business and someone asks you about what services you provide. You can answer them briefly and then hand them your business card with your internet address on it and tell them they can find out everything they need to know if they visit your website. Have former clients’ recommendations. Sell yourself with your website.
- You come across as more professional. I know a lot of people who discredit the professionalism of business owners that don’t have a website. If I am given the choice between a lawn care service with a website and one without a website, I would most likely opt for the business that took the time and consideration to create an online presence. It comes across to me as being more professional.
- You can offer services out of your local area. An online presence for businesses means that people who live in different states or countries can find you and potentially give you some business. If you have a custom writing services in your community, you are limited to only the local, brick and mortar, clients, but if you put your business online, you have the whole world as potential customers.
- You are in business 24/7. You might put a closed sign on your local business at 5pm, but your online business can remain open 24 hours a day. Many people really like to shop online as opposed to getting in their car and making a trip to a store.